I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mini meal

Another graduation requirement is to make a meal for 15 people under blindfold. I started cooking mine today and will serve it tomorrow. I'm doing a sausage soup that I love, green beans, and gluten free tapioca flour Brazillian cheese bread. We'll see how they taste tomorrow. I took all morning. Making meals when blind usually takes three times as long. It gets tiring. But I did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment