I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mini Meal

On Friday I served my mini meal for 15 under blindfold. I had most of the food prepared and ready the day before. Sausage soup, Brazilian cheese bread, and then I prepared the green beans the day of. I did ok, but got a tad annoyed and stressed that people were all coming into my cooking space and impeding. I was very frustrated and wanted to yell at everyone to get the #$%& out of my kitchen. So polite huh!!! I served it without much problem and it turned out well except for the gluten free bread. Yuck!!! My friend Mark helped serve the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment