I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Support drop

Today I had a support drop. It is one of the graduation requirements for the program. We get dropped off somewhere in the city and have to find our way back to the center and can only ask one question. We don't know where we are dropped and have to use our special techniques to find our way back. I got dropped off in a residential area and started by listening for a busy street and heading towards it. It was a few blocks away. Once I got to it I walked alongside of it hoping to find a bus stop. Of course I missed them all and kept walking. We did get to an intersection with a median and that confused the heck out of me. My instructor came with (support drop means you have someone with you). He stopped me from walking right in front of an oncoming truck. Phew!!! Anyways I kept walking until I got to another big street and since I hadn't found any bus stops I decided to go north. (I was able to figure out my directions N,E,S,W based on where the sun was on my face). After going north a few blocks I got honked at by the bus. I was so happy he stopped me and honked. I was able to get on and find out (using my one question) that the big street I wanted was Evans and it was the one I had been walking on all along. Go figure. The bus drove me back to that same block and this time I found a bus stop. Actually I was passing it and felt the cold air from inside the bus and heard the driver shout. I was so happy to be on that bus. I was so hot outside and this was going on about 2.5 hours. I knew this bus route and got back to a light rail station and got to the center from there.

I was so happy I screamed "I made it" as soon as I walked into the door of the center. Whoohoo!

2 comments:

  1. you are amazing!!! so many people will/do look up to you! i know you have inspired me to continue in some areas of my life...just keep pressing forward and you will be able to conquer whatever you but your hands to do!!
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. All thanks to this great herbal doctor who cured me from (LUPUS DISEASE) his name is dr imoloa.  I suffered lupus disease for over 8 years with pains like: joints, Skin rash,  Pain in the chest,  swollen joints and many more.  The anti-inflammatory drugs couldn’t cure me, until I read about his recommendation. 2 months ago, I contacted him through his email address. drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com . and he sent me the herbal treatment through DHL courier service and he instructed me on how to drink it for good two weeks. after then,  And I was confirmed cured and free at the hospital after taken his powerful herbal medications You too can be cured with it if interested, he also uses his powerful herbal healing medicine to cure disease like: parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy,  Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease,  Back Pain,  Back Sprain,   Bipolar Disorder,  Brain Tumour,  Malignant,  Bruxism, Bulimia,  Cervical Disk Disease, cardiovascular disease, Neoplasms,  chronic respiratory disease,  mental and behavioural disorder,  Cystic  Fibrosis,  Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma,  Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis.  chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, back pain,  impotence,  feta  alcohol spectrum,  Dysthymic Disorder,   Eczema, skin cancer,  tuberculosis,  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel  disease, bone cancer, lungs cancer,  mouth ulcer,  mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis A.B.C.,   syphilis,  diarrhea,  HIV/AIDS,  Huntington's Disease,  back acne,  Chronic renal failure,   addison disease,  Chronic Pain,   Crohn's  Disease,   Cystic Fibrosis,  Fibromyalgia,   Inflammatory Bowel Disease,  fungal  nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major  Depression,  Malignant Melanoma,   Mania,  Melorheostosis,   Meniere's  Disease,  Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis,  Muscular  Dystrophy,  Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease      Contacts him today  and get permanently cure. contact him via... email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com  /whatssapp-+2347081986098.
    website-www drimolaherbalmademedicine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete