I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rock Climbing Pics

A friend of mine at church took pics when our group @ the Colorado center for the blind went rock climbing. Keep in mind I am blindfolded and it was very cold. My hands were numb. As a blind rock climber you really have to feel the rock surface to find handholds and footholds, then you have to keep a good record in memory of handholds you can use for footholds. It's definitely a mental exercise as well as physical.


In these pics I'm on the rock...not the balayer (however you spell it).

No comments:

Post a Comment