I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Firealarm

What a crazy day. It has been pouring down rain and now is snowing a lot. Well what would you know but we had the fire alarm go off. This is no surprise except that the day it had to happen was a lousy one. We were all soaking wet with hardly anything warm on b/c we were all in classes. The fire department came and let us back into the building as soon as they could. We were soaked to the bone...like we all went swimming in the Platte River or something crazy like that. Dry clothes were being handed out for folks, people had the laundry running (no shoes allowed), and we were all mopping up hair. Soooo wet.

Nice that we got out early....I really like sitting in a warm apartment with my clothes being washed and not having to be so soaked anymore. Ahhh such pleasures of life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment