I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Today

I had a successful day today. Still on my no cheating run for a few more days....my friend Heather is buying ice cream at Cold Stone if I win the bet and can make it 3 days total without peaking. So far 2 down 1 to go.

Anyways I was sent to Englewood station, which is a mess of obstacles, and we had to go find Hampden Ave. Then my instructor sent us back on our own. Mark and I were hoping not to get too lost. I was being dramatic like always and managed to figure out how to get back at least near the library. I did get stuck between a column and a wall. Couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. My instructor finally took pity on us and helped us find our way back to the station. I am feeling a little better about traveling....at least I'm not afraid of getting hurt while using my cane. I don't know how I will ever figure out directions and finding places though without sight. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully it's a skill I will start to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment