I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

last weekend

I forgot to mention this but last weekend when I had my children I introduced them to two of my blind friends. We took them to the 7-11 and the park. It was so cute. Jesse would go up and take Joe's hand and help him across the parking lot and in the store. Abby would hold Shelby's hand. They were such cute helpers. At the park the kids had such fun practicing with my cane and closing their eyes. Then they wanted their own so they found sticks to use. The still have them. Whenever Abby us with me she brings her cane stick. I had to laugh b/c on our way back to the apartment we were all walking next to the side of the road. 3 blind adults with canes and two tiny children leading them around with their fake sticks in hand. I bet drivers were getting a kick out of that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment