I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cooking

Tonight went well. My friend Kristen and I went to my house and had Matt and the kids, my mom and her boyfriend and us for dinner. I made gluten free chicken Parmesan that was fabulously good and a pecan pie that was gluten and dairy free. I did the whole thing under blindfold. It was very good practice and did take 3 hours to make everything, but it all turned out well. Everything was from scratch and tasted good. I even was ok with sticking my fingers into the fryer to flip the chicken. No burnt fingers or food. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I still laught that it's taken blindness to get you in the kitchen to cook, no more comments from Abby!! Now you can enjoy all the fruits of your remodeling!!!

    ReplyDelete