I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Today

Another travel day. My residential manager met with me this morning and we cooked corn muffins that were gluten free and an egg omelet under sleep shades. These omelets are so easy to make and are perfect. Put three eggs in a zip lock bag with whatever ingredients you want. Place in a boiling pot of water for 30 min. They turn out like professionally cooked omelets. I love it. I am becoming more confident with cooking under shades b/c I am more familiar with where things are in the kitchen and can find things easily now that I've organized it all. After all the cooking and cleaning up I travelled under sleep shades back to the center which involved a bus and a light rail train. Yes I did end up stuck in a parking lot. Always happens to me. It's like they magnetically pull me towards them. HA! Today felt pretty successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment