I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

skiing blind video

Keep in mind that I can't see a thing and am going by commands only. The slope was kinda icy too. You can hear the skis on the ice. Also when I would stop I thought I wasn't moving and really I was still sliding. Without vision to tell you that you are moving sometimes it's easy to think you are not.

1 comment:

  1. wow! that was awesome! Thanks for sharing this video and your life with us.

    ReplyDelete