I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Yesterday

I had a chiropractic appt so we made it part of my travel assignment for class. I had to go find my bus, get on, cross a busy street, and find my way to my chiropractors office. I went strutting into a business and hollered "Where am I?" I couldn't help but laugh b/c my instructor quietly said behind me "We are going to have to work on how we ask questions." It doesn't surprise me how bold I can be and just say what I need. I totally embarrassed him. Then when I got to the appt I walked in and came out announcing to the world "I found it!" Celebratory dance ensued!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment