I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oops

Tonight my roommate started a fire in the kitchen. Scared her to death and she was yelling for me. Her vision is worse than mine and for some reason I was just much more in control of my emotions. I came over and calmly pulled out the fire extinguisher and prepared to fire the thing. The fire died on it's own and I decided it was less messy than using the extinguisher. HA!! The whole time this is going on I actually had the sense to calmly think about how messy it would be to use. Anyways, I cleaned up while she took a breather and then went back to preparing my lesson plans for the math class I teach at the community college. So bizarre how calm I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment