I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Monday, February 1, 2010

crazy night

Today went well. Tonight though on my way back from counseling I missed my train by 30 seconds and so missed my bus and had to walk home. Pitch black out and I decided "oh well. I can use my training skills and walk home." This was all fine and dandy until the path seemed to veer off to who knows where and my cane tip broke off. For the love of Pete. Did it have to break off in the middle of nowhere! I made it home over an hour later. It was like 9 when I finally got home. Now I have to buy a whole new cane. I guess it's similar to driving your car with a flat tire and not being able to change it so you ruin the rims. Well the tip protects the cane....so much for that.

Now for a nice warm shower since it's like 20 degrees outside and I am more frozen than I realized. Ok hopefully tomorrow won't be quite that adventuresome. I need a break!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissy!
    Just wanted to let you know I have been reading your blog, and thinking of and praying for you. Wow, you are so brave. I really am amazed at your sense of adventure. You are going to have an amazing stand up comedy routine at the end of all of this! Hang in there. Glad you have survived with no injuries so far. (Amazing, good thing you are the brain!) Cindy

    ReplyDelete