I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Drywalling

Today I spent time drywalling a stairwell and brought a friend of mine from the Colorado center of the blind. She is totally blind but very interested in learning how to do as much as she can. I decided to teach her how to drywall and she was very excited. I am attaching a video of me teaching her to feel where to score the drywall so that we can hang it up. We hung two sides of the stairwell and will finish taping and mudding another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment