I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Ok can I complain a little?

I have to say I am so irritated with this so called thing called "clicks." I know this isn't a blindness issue and that everyone else probably feels the same way as I, but do clicks have to exist everywhere I go. Schools, churches, work, and now even at the Colorado Center for the Blind. It's so annoying how a few people have adopted this "I'm too cool and good for you" attitude. Oh please...is this high school. Apparently so!!! Well considering most of them just got out of high school with the exception of one that is applying for a doctoral program. Actually they are generally nice alone but in the group setting they are kinda snobbish. What am I? Dog food!!! It shouldn't bother me so much but I really wish I didn't have to deal with this attitude thingy going on while learning to figure out my new life. Well I'm not a cool person b/c I'm a nerdy mathematician that knows PI to ten decimal places....well in that case WHO CARES!!! I like being a nerdy mathematician that likes such bizarre things like science. LOL!!!
I know it bothers a lot of other students that they are shunned from this group, but I find that the "shunned" students have such amazing character and class anyways. I have become good friends with a number of them and wouldn't trade that with some "cool" classification that will die off anyways. These are friendships that have shown me some valuable insight into myself and life in general. We all seem to try taking a more positive worldview despite our struggles. We all have such strength as we push through what we are standing up against.

We all go through our tears of sorrow and frustration, but in the end we are still standing, and that is what counts!!!

As hard as it is I don't think I would trade who I am or who I have become or even these difficult experiences, b/c it has made me stronger. I have a feeling God knows what he is doing!!! [I may not agree with these words all the time but for the most part I think I do.]

No comments:

Post a Comment