I am using this blogging site to keep friends and family informed about my life for the next 7 months or so of blindness training at the Colorado Center for the Blind. I have Usher's syndrome which results in hearing loss and progressive vision loss. Now the state of Colorado is paying for me to go through an extensive training program. There will be lots of challenges ahead for me and I am both apprehensive and excited!!!! The training consist of being blindfolded 8 hours a day 5 days a week and learning how to function completely without sight.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Today was a crazy adventure for me. A tad stressful. I forgot my purse on the train (another reason why fanny packs are more convenient) and a good friend of mine took me from the center to downtown Denver to go get it. Later on in the day we had the fire alarm go off. We all had to find our way outside and stand in the cold rain. Something caught on fire and was smoking a lot in the kitchen apparently. Guess fire alarms are a regular occurrence for us. I remember the one we had a few weeks ago when my hearing aids were plugged into the computer so I never heard the alarm. Everyone was ushered out and then my instructor realized I was still in the lab. She now knows to tap on me and alert me to get off the neck loop that connects me to the computer.

1 comment:

  1. NOOOOOOO!!! not the fanny pack - Chrissy - step away from the fanny pack :) You crack me up girl!!

    ReplyDelete